The History of 100+ Women Who Care
THANKS KAREN DUNIGAN OF MICHIGAN
In November 2006, Karen Dunigan of Jackson, Michigan came up with a brilliant way to raise a large amount of money in a short period of time, recognizing that many women didn't have time for meaningful hours of service within charitable organizations but still wanted very much to contribute. Her group of 100 women raised $10,000 in one hour to purchase baby cribs for a charitable organization in Jackson.
Now there are dozens of groups in the US and over 350 groups around the world.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MEMBER:
- We support charities and non-profit organizations that serve the Sunshine Coast between Port Mellon and Earl's Cove.
- Members commit to one year of four (4) meetings and a financial commitment of $400 over the course of the year.
- You must be a member to attend, and no guests are permitted, though new members are welcome to sign up at a meeting or online beforehand.
- 100% of donations go to the selected charity/NFP! There are no admin fees.
- You must be a member in good standing to nominate a charity/NFP. You will receive a membership newsletter with the link. If you're not getting this newsletter, please contact us immediately.
- It's a small community and privacy is very important. Our selected charities agree they are not to share or store your contact information nor contact you for any other reason that to provide a tax receipt.