Hello beautiful women who care!
After a hiatus, 100 Women Who Care is relaunching on the Sunshine Coast.
100+ Women Who Care is a group of dedicated women who leverage their giving dollars to support various non-profits on the Sunshine Coast in a significant way. This is a way for us to make a BIG impact in a minimal amount of time and effort.
How it Works:
- Each woman commits to meeting four times a year.
- Commits to give $400 per year ($100/meeting) to a charity voted on by the group.
- Sends a cheque signed and to be filled in with the charity selected if they cannot attend a meeting.
- Each donor is given a charitable tax receipt by the selected charity before the end of the year.
- Charities considered need to have been in operation as a Registered Charity for at least 12 months.
- 3 Charities/meeting are selected to send a spokesperson to speak to our group.
- Selected from a list of over 300 charities we have from the Volunteer Centre - random in a hat select.
- We all vote on the charity we like the most and the one with the most votes is the one we all give to.
How We Gave 2016:
- $3,400 to Mentoring in Violence
- $3,200 to Bellies & Babies
We will post on our website an update report from each recipient group on how the monies were spent.
How Our Meetings Work:
- Meet at Blue Ocean Golf Club - 6177 Ripple Way, Sechelt - great food, good view and central
- 5:30-6pm – sign in and order dinner
- 6-7pm - listen to three invited speakers and vote on your favorite, write out your cheques
- 7:00-7:30pm - hand in your cheques
We encourage you to come on time and order a meal. (so we can keep this meeting place for free). There are two salad menu options @$12. RSVP your attendance.
We commit to keeping the meetings moving along so we have fun and accomplish our goals.
2017/2018 Meeting Dates:
- Mon Sept 18, 2017
- Mon Nov 20, 2017
- Mon Feb 19, 2018
- Mon May 28, 2018
- Mon Sept 10, 2018
- Mon Nov 19, 2018
Mondays at 5pm @ Blue Ocean Golf Club (unless otherwise advised)
All are welcome. When our membership reaches 100 women we will be giving $10,000 four times a year to four local charitable causes. So join us and help us renew our zest for giving and increase our potential for leveraging our dollars and making a really big difference here on the Sunshine Coast.
Darnelda, Ria & Nancy
Coordinators of Giving
100 Women Who Care Sunshine Coast
Ria Qureshi | 604-989-2253 | email@example.com
Nancy Tiffin | 604-989-0766 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Darnelda Siegers | 604-989-1130 | email@example.com